Ein neuer Port der Multi Arcade Machine Emulators für die Nintendo Wii.
This is a port of MAME for the Wii. Unlike the previous SDL MAME for the Wii,
this is not based on Wii Linux. Please note that although many games work well
with the emulator, others may not work at all. See below for details.
Emulator Menu: WiiMote Home Button / GameCube L-Trigger
Insert Coin: WiiMote Minus Button / GameCube Z-Trigger
Start (not all games use this): WiiMote Plus Button / GameCube Start Button
Up/Down/Left/Right - WiiMote D-Pad / Classic Controller Left Stick /
GameCube D-Pad / GameCube Joystick
Button 1/2/3/4 - WiiMote 1/2/B/A / Classic Controller A/B/X/Y /
Back (Exits current game) - WiiMote Plus + Minus Buttons /
GameCube Z + Start Buttons
Controlls can always be changed from in the emulator options.
* Lots of ROMs are supported, but not all of them. If you don't see the ROM in
the list in the emulator, then support for that ROM isn't included. This is
to keep the size of the emulator low enough to run effectively on the Wii. A
list of all the ones that are can be found here:
* Just because a ROM is supported does not mean it will run. Even games for
early boards like CPS-1 can fail to run due to RAM limitations. If the
emulator suddenly kicks you out to the Homebrew Channel, look in the MAME
mame folder (sd:/mame/) for a file called errors.txt. If it says something
about failing to allocate space, then odds are the ROM can't run on the Wii.
The emulator might also crash outright and leave you with a code dump if RAM
* Because the Wii is not a strong console, some games will be slow. Frame-
skipping is enabled by default to make games playable.
* The default controller mapping is unsuitable for lightgun games, but there is
currently no way to make seperate mappings for lightgun and non-lightgun
games. You can change the button mapping for lightgun games yourself in the
* On older TVs, the edges of the screen can be cut off. To fix this, in mame.ini,
look for the option "safearea" and set the value to something around 0.8 and
0.95. It will vary depending on your TV.
* Rewritten frontend code entirely, no longer uses SDL.
* Added better joystick support; Gamecube joystick works!